Serves: 8 | Calories per serving: 300
- 1 1/2 lb. lean, ground turkey
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, no sugar added, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney or cannellini beans, no sugar added, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb. frozen corn (optional)
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 (12 oz) jar of your favorite salsa
- In a large pot, saute’ the garlic and onion in the olive oil.
- Stir in the meat and brown, breaking it up as you stir.
- Stir in everything else and cook over medium-high heat until the meat is cooked through. Stir frequently to avoid any burning on the bottom of your pot. If you need extra liquid, you can always stir in a little chicken broth to get the consistency you like. But I found that the salsa was enough. Do what suits your tastes.
- Allow to cool and serve.
Herbal Magic Allotments Per Serving:
- 1 protein
- 1 starch
- 1½ vegetable
- ¼ fat
Recipe/Photo Credit: The Gracious Pantry