Serves: 18 | Calories per serving: 138
- 1 cup oats
- 2 cups almond meal
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup baby carrots
- Ground the oats into an oatmeal/oatflower.
- Mix the oatmeal with almond meal.
- Add baking powder.
- Mix well and add honey (melt if required)
- Add coconut oil (melt if required).
- Cook carrots until they turn soft and mash them just like you would mash potatoes. You can also use a food processor.
- Add the mashed carrots into the mixture in the bowl and mix it all well together to create a dough for the balls. The dough should be moist and little bit sticky – if you find it too soft you can always add little more almond meal. The amount of dough you need for one ball depends on how big you want them to be.
- Place the balls in a non-stick baking sheet and bake them in the oven for about 25 minutes on 350°F.
- The balls will be very tender when you take them out of the oven so don’t touch them. Let them cool down for 10 – 15 minutes and then put the entire sheet with all of your balls into the fridge. They will become more solid and won’t fall apart when you bite them.
Herbal Magic Allotments:
- 1 free exchange
Recipe/Photo Credit: Zuzana’s Power Balls