Serves: 4 | Calories per serving: 276
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 cup uncooked steel-cut oats
- 2 large bananas, mashed (1 cup mashed)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp ground flax + 1 tbsp chia seeds (or seeds of choice)
- 2-3 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium-sized pot, bring the water and almond milk to a boil. Add in steel-cut oats and a pinch of salt and reduce heat to low.
- Stir in the mashed banana (mashing it helps disperse the sweetness throughout), ground flax, and chia seeds. Simmer on low, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 5 mins or so.
- When the oats are creamy and tender, remove from heat and stir in cinnamon to taste and pure vanilla extract. Serve immediately or allow to cool before transferring into air tight containers in the fridge. In the morning, add a splash of milk and reheat in the micro or on the stove-top.
Herbal Magic Allotments:
- 1 starch
- ½ dairy
- 1 fruit
- ½ fat
Recipe Credit: Oh She Glows